Powered by Blogger.
Guitar Classic
Classic Guitar
Guitar Bass

Saturday, August 14, 2010

60s Merlin/Greco 921

Merlin Greco

This Merlin semi-hollow body beauty is a mystery - not a big one, but I'm afraid I cannot identify it! 

Well, I do identify it as a Greco 921 as it is in Greco's 1968 catalogue... But why it is here a Merlin guitar, I cannot tell - but we're not surprised by this typically 60s cross-branding! This is from before the time Greco started to clone American brands - but I told this story already before...

Anyway, it is a marvelous guitar with its pointy horns - always cool on a semi-hollow body guitar - contrasting with the round pickguard, the 3 vintage single coils, the unusual 3 switches on the lower horn and a superb tremolo.

bertram

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment