Powered by Blogger.
Guitar Classic
Classic Guitar
Guitar Bass

Monday, August 30, 2010

Teddybears play Bo Diddley-esque Gibsons

guitarz.blogspot.com:
I'm not sure if you've ever heard of the band Teddybears STHLM, or as they are nowadays known as The Teddybears. It's a Swedish band starting out as a hardcore/grindcore band back in the early 90s, but have since then changed their music in a completely different direction. Nowadays they are a lot more electro-influenced, etc, and outside of Sweden they are probably most know for their songs featured in Heineken beer commercials and such, or that they have been working with Iggy Pop a bit.

Anyways, Last night I went to one of their shows in Malmö, Sweden, and I just couldn't happen to notice the two guitars they were playing during the show. One of the guitars was a double neck (Bass+Guitar), and the other one a bass, and they were both wearing the Gibson headstock and logo.

One thing that I noticed was that the "guitar neck" of the double neck had the famous "SG" stamped on the truss rod cover.

Another very obvious thing about these guitars and basses is that they have the bo diddley-shoe box shaped bodies, with a mirror/disco ball finish.

I've tried to contact them via emails and telephone, but I've not gotten any response from them.

Anyways, I know the music is not really for everybody, but their shows are awesome, and I think you should check them out.

Well, I hope I've given you something that you'd might feature on the blog. If you don't find the info I've given you so far blog-worthy enough, I would suggest that you would check them out further. I've been to a few of their shows, and they are always improving more and more.

Sorry to bother you! Take care, and thank you tons and tons for this great blog!

Pelle Rydstern

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment