Powered by Blogger.
Guitar Classic
Classic Guitar
Guitar Bass

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tokai Blazing Fire

guitarz.blogspot.com:
Hey Gavin, I don't know if you guys are still on vacation but this Tokai caught my eye, copy of a Talbo.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f93274195

Description says, "The body isn't aluminum, it's Basswood"

Ken Shima

Hi Ken

The irony of having a wooden-bodied Talbo is not lost on me, since the name Talbo is derived from Tokai ALuminium BOdy. I am aware of the Tokai Talbo Woody series (surely a prize example of an oxymoron), but this Blazing Fire edition would seem to be yet another wooden-bodied variation.

It's still quite a cool original design from a company largely known for their replicas, but for myself it doesn't have the appeal of the original metal-bodied Talbo.

G L Wilson

Guitarz - The Original Guitar Blog - now in its 9th year!

No comments:

Post a Comment